Video to computer files
Video to computer files is just one of the services offered at VideoPoint. We take your tape or disc and convert to a video file so you can use it on your computer or on the internet. We normally convert to mp4 format which is a digital video file format which is pretty universal in that it will play on virtually any device. We will then supply on a USB stick.
While we normally convert to mp4 we can produce almost any format you require bearing in mind that some formats will create HUGE files. File types include – MPEG1, MPEG 2, MP4, WMV, AVI, MOD, Quicktime, Flash etc.
Conversion to computer files has many benefits over conversion to DVD.
- mp4 can display higher quality images than DVD although it does depend on the quality of the source tape.
- mp4 files supplied on a memory stick are easy to view especially if you have a modern TV with USB sockets.
- mp4 files will also play back on mobile phones, tablets, PCs and even some DVD and BluRay players
- mp4 files can be copied easily onto your computer or another USB stick to share with friends or upload to YouTube.
- mp4 files can also be copied to a computer for editing. You only need very basic editing software to edit mp4 files. Most PC or Macs come with basic edit software built in.
The cost of transferring tapes to mp4 files is £15 per tape plus the cost of any USB sticks we supply (16gb). You are welcome to supply your own sticks or USB harddrive if you wish.